The Steam Engines
Museum Lolland-Falster's steam adventure began back in 1929 when the museum received a rare museum object. This was a Højbygård traction engine from 1872. After handover, the plough engine was exhibited at the Open-Air Museum to the great delight of as many people back then as it is now.
In 1988, the plough engine was given a little brother in the shape of a 1919 Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies traction engine from the Knuthenborg estate, which was restored in 2004/2005 by the Friends of the Traction Engine.
During the winter 2007 - spring 2008, yet another steam engine was added to the museum's collection, this time a steam engine that had been used to operate saws at Nysted Sawmill. This steam engine was placed at the end of the large barn, but today, it runs on air pressure due to the fire hazard it represents.
Since 2008, the museum has regularly held the big steam rally 'From Steam to Diesel'.